Friday, January 24, 2014

Sam and Andy Quotable quotes (2009)

The following comments were picked up during my first week home from China.  Sam and Andy were 3 1/2 years old.

November 20, 2009

Random question:
Sam:  “If water makes wet mud, what makes dry mud?
Me:  “What do you think?
Sam:  “I don’t know, but I think maybe the wind . . . and the Sun?

Bath time:
Me:  “Sam, time to get out of the tub.”
Sam:   “Five more minutes, Pee-Paw.  It will take me forever to shampoo my hair and wash my ear and my toes and my legs and my body and my shark and the octopus and the drinking cup and . . . . “  naming every object in the tub.

In the living room:
S:  With blocks, making circles on the floor.
A:  Stomping on Sam’s circles
S:  “Don’t ruin my art—I am working so hard!” 

Driving in the car:
A:  What do you call a baby goat?
S: A kid
A:  You are right!  What do call a baby cow?
S:  A calf.
A:  You are right!
Me:  What do you call a baby cat?
A:  A mistake!

 Thanksgiving:
Parent:  “Sam, what are you thankful for?”
Sam:  “Balmex and body lotion.”
Parent:  “Andy, what are you thankful for?”
Andy:  “Abby’s smile.”



No comments:

Post a Comment